United Behavioral Health (Optum) is committed to providing quality services for our membership. To enhance this, Optum is seeking to privilege Network clinicians in several specialty areas. If you have any questions, please contact your Optum/OHBS-CA Network Manager. Please note these requirements are in addition to Optum/OHBS-CA's general credentialing standards.
Employee Assistance Professional.
- Minimum of two years experience in the delivery of EAP core technology as defined by EAPA; and
- Minimum of one annual training (continuing education credits or professional development hours) in any of the six EAP content areas; and
- Active membership in either a national or local chapter of EAPA is strongly preferred.
Certified Employee Assistance Professional
- Certificate from the Employee Assistance Certification Commission.
Substance Abuse Professional (SAP)
- Certificate of training in federal Department of Transportation SAP functions and regulatory requirements (agencies providing such certification include, but are not limited to, Buckley Productions, EAPA and NMDAC).
- Documentation of specialized training in the provision of disability evaluation and treatment; and
- Annual continuing education credits in the evaluation and management of disability patients.
Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
- Certificate of CISD training from American Red Cross or other qualified institution.
- Documentation of training and continuing education units in the provision of CISD services.
- Licensed clinicians with two years experience assessing and treating workers compensation cases.
- ABPP in Health Psychology or
- Degree or specialty major in Health Psychology; and
- Minimum of two years experience in the assessment and treatment of the psychological components of medical illness.